IEDR issued a statement yesterday in relation to the hijacking of google.ie and yahoo.ie The statement (IEDR_Statement_F_issued_9_November_2012) which is included below admits that their site was compromised and that the registrar was not to blame. IEDR has concluded an investigation by the company and external security consultants of an unauthorised intrusion into the company’s systems [...]
Tag Archives | iedr
The IEDR’s main website has been in “maintenance mode” for the last two weeks with a simple message about a security incident being displayed. As of this morning, however, it has been updated with slightly different text: IE Domain Registry (IEDR) has restored services to all of its customers. Our corporate website, which is moving [...]
The IEDR websites are currently unavailable. However this time there is a holding page which carries a simple explanatory message: IEDR systems are currently unavailable. We apologise for the inconvenience to our customers. As you may be aware, there was a security incident on Tuesday 9th October, involving two high profile .ie domains. There was [...]
This could prove to be quite embarrassing. It looks like IEDR have allowed the nameservers for the domain google.ie to be updated to point to a 3rd party and away from Google. Effectively this means that google.ie and any services that rely on it are currently not working. Here’s the current whois record for Google.ie. [...]
As regular readers probably know, I run Blacknight. Blacknight is Ireland’s largest hosting provider and domain name registrar. We’re also the only Irish company to ever have been accredited with ICANN. And we’re the single largest registrar of .ie domain names on the planet. If you peruse the archives here and on my personal blog [...]
IEDR is currently suffering a major outage. Since this afternoon none of the IEDR websites have been online, whois for the .ie cctld has been offline and all other services including registrations and updates have been unavailable. Existing .ie domain names continue to resolve. It’s unclear what the cause of the outage is or when [...]
If you’re going to choose a country code for your business you might want to think long and hard about choosing the .ie ccTLD. Why? Because if you reorganise your business you might end up losing your domain. In several recent cases the IEDR have flatly refused to update the registrant details on domain names [...]
- Big Brands Trying To Corner Generic Namespaces? June 14, 2012
- Registrar Negotiating Team Issues Statement On RAA March 8, 2013
- IEDR Data Dump October 4, 2012
- Registrar Stakeholder Group Issues Statement on RAA Negotiations June 21, 2012
- Centralnic’s Gb.com In Dispute – gb.com now wildcarded July 30, 2011
- Nominet Offering Apprenticeships May 24, 2013
- Making Sense of GAC Advice? May 11, 2013
- More Premium Domains Released by ME Registry May 2, 2013
- XXX Registry Launches Promotion May 1, 2013
- Uniregistry Hiring For Cayman Islands April 30, 2013
- GovernmentDroid: RT @domainhunter: I Squatted Your EU: Making Sense...
- domainhunter: I Squatted Your EU: Making Sense of GAC Advice?: O...
- Making Sense of GAC Advice? - Domain Industry & Internet News: [...] board of directors has opened a public comme...
- The Puppy Gets It [Podcast #61]: [...] XXX Registry Launches Promotion [...]...
- pedrobauza: RT @domainhunter: I Squatted Your EU: More Premium...