Unless you’re really fascinated by domain names and trademark law and disputes, domain name disputes aren’t exactly an “exciting” topic. Afnic, the .fr registry, however, are trying to change that in their own little way. Earlier this morning they released an infographic that is packed with information, facts and figures about their new domain name [...]
Tag Archives | Uniform Domain-Name Dispute-Resolution Policy
This weekend the 44th ICANN public meeting kicked off in Prague. Yesterday’s big news came early in the morning with the announcement that “Digital Archery” had been “suspended”. Whether it will come back to haunt new TLD applicants at a later date or not is not clear, though many attendees are hoping that it won’t. [...]
An article in yesterday’s Sunday Times (Irish edition) by Harry Leech covers .xxx and Irish politicians and political parties. It’s obvious that they didn’t do anything about protecting their “brand” in XXX: Endakenny.xxx and finegael. xxx were both registered in December 2011, as were the addresses sinnfein.xxx and fiannafail.xxx Needless to say the domains were [...]
One of the “hot topics” at the ICANN meeting in Costa Rica next week will be the ongoing negotiations around the RAA. The RAA is basically the core document and contract that all ICANN accredited registrars have to sign with ICANN in order to be able to offer domain name registration services. (Oddly enough UDRP [...]
Kevin tweeted a link to this decision earlier today and it scared me. It really did. What’s so scary? This part of the UDRP decision: Complainant asserts that Respondent has failed to make an active use of the disputed domain name, constituting bad faith registration and use. Complainant submits a printout verifying its assertion that [...]
From the “told you so” and “some domainers are really really dumb” department .. Yes – foxstudios.xxx and asking a crazy high price for it As Kevin reports Fox have now filed a UDRP. Prediction – unless Fox’s complaint is submitted on toilet paper this will be a slam dunk win for them. Tip: Do [...]
Why did this case catch my eye? Well when the respondent tells WIPO that the domain is “available to lease” it’s going to catch my attention WIPO have awarded John Wiley & Sons the domain webhostingfordummies.com following a UDRP dispute. What surprised and amused me was the reply the registrant sent WIPO on being notified [...]
Normally in the weeks prior to an ICANN public meeting there is a buzz of activity as documents need to be submitted to meet the deadlines before the public meeting. While this has happened as usual and the deadline is still open until Tuesday for the GNSO council meeting on 22nd June, there [...]
- Big Brands Trying To Corner Generic Namespaces? June 14, 2012
- Registrar Negotiating Team Issues Statement On RAA March 8, 2013
- IEDR Data Dump October 4, 2012
- Registrar Stakeholder Group Issues Statement on RAA Negotiations June 21, 2012
- Centralnic’s Gb.com In Dispute – gb.com now wildcarded July 30, 2011
- Nominet Offering Apprenticeships May 24, 2013
- Making Sense of GAC Advice? May 11, 2013
- More Premium Domains Released by ME Registry May 2, 2013
- XXX Registry Launches Promotion May 1, 2013
- Uniregistry Hiring For Cayman Islands April 30, 2013
- GovernmentDroid: RT @domainhunter: I Squatted Your EU: Making Sense...
- domainhunter: I Squatted Your EU: Making Sense of GAC Advice?: O...
- Making Sense of GAC Advice? - Domain Industry & Internet News: [...] board of directors has opened a public comme...
- The Puppy Gets It [Podcast #61]: [...] XXX Registry Launches Promotion [...]...
- pedrobauza: RT @domainhunter: I Squatted Your EU: More Premium...