ISOC are hiring. They are currently advertising a vacancy for chapter development in Africa “Manager Chapter Development Africa”.
Interested? Here’s the full spec:
Reporting to and working closely with the Regional Bureau Director, Africa and the Regional Bureau Director – Middle –East with a view to develop and implement the overall strategic engagement with ISOC Members and chapters for the region;
* Within ISOC regional engagement strategy, working closely with the Director of Chapters on the implementation of chapter management resources, chapter efficiency programmes, chapter development and chapter governance;
* Communicate with Chapters as required with respect to Chapter goals and plans;
* Address and resolve enquiries from Chapters and prospective Chapters;
* Implement strategies that encourage and maximise opportunities for Chapter members to contribute to the work of the Internet Society at a local level including in global and regional bureau activities;
* Promote opportunities for engagement between Chapter and headquarters programme staff;
* Assist the Director of Chapters in developing and executing programmes to improve Chapter leadership skills and increase volunteer professionalism;
* Work with ISOC departments (Communications, Policy, Development, Membership) in distributing Internet Society materials and in supporting Chapter outreach activities (events, expert roundtables, publications, etc.);
* Work with Chapters to develop Chapter programmes and resources;
* Serve as the point of contact for African and Middle-East Chapters regarding questions and issues related to the Internet Society membership system;
* Manage select portions of the content for the Chapter section of the website, ensuring its accuracy and currency;
* Manage the AMS (Association Management System) portion related to the African and Middle-East Chapters
* Assist in evaluating and processing applications for new Chapters and funding support requests from chapters
* Plan and organize in-person and remote on-line meetings and workshops for Chapters;
* Update schedules, information and web based updates as required;
* General administrative duties including but not limited to updating of database, preparation of documents, mailings, liaising with suppliers.
The role is based in Africa. Full details on the ISOC site.