The Middle East DNS Forum has been held annually for the last 6 years. As the name would suggest, the event is focussed on domains and DNS related topics with an emphasis on topics of relevance to stakeholders in the Middle East. In common with most events of its kind there is a program committee that works behind the scenes to put the schedule for the event together.
Earlier this week the Middle East DNS Forum Program Committee issued a call for volunteers.
Ideal candidates should have knowledge and ideally expertise in topics such as:
- DNS Registry and Registrar Operations;
- Domain Name Marketing and Business Development;
- DNS Protocols and Technologies, including DNSSEC, IPv6, IDNs, etc.;
- DNS Security, Stability, and Resiliency;
- Expertise in event planning and agenda development; and
- Strong network of contacts.
You will be expected to attend calls once or twice a month and contribute via email to the event planning.
If you have the time then you can apply to be a volunteer here before September 15th.