The Middle East DNS Forum is held every year somewhere in the region. You can read about the previous ones here.
In common with pretty much all conferences there is a program committee who work on putting the event together. In order to keep things “fresh” membership of the program committee rotates, with 3 members rotating off every year.
So if you’d like to join the committee there are 3 places up for grabs.
It’s a volunteer role and you will NOT be paid. Still interested?
Here’s what they’re looking for:
- Serve with no financial compensation incurred;
- Attend teleconference calls when needed;
- Have expertise in one or more of the following:
- DNS Registry and Registrar Operations;
- Domain Name Marketing and Business Development;
- DNS Protocols and Technologies, including DNSSEC, IPv6, IDNs, etc.;
- DNS Security, Stability, and Resiliency;
- Expertise in event planning and agenda development; and
- Strong network of contacts.
- Serve for a term of 2 years;
- Devote adequate time especially around the forum’s dates; and
- Travel to attend the forum and possibly PC face-to-face meetings.
If you’re interested in applying you have until August 3rd. Apply online here.