Feel like taking an active role within one of the various committees and boards of ICANN? If so one of the paths to access is via the nominating committee (or NomCom).
The application window has now opened and will remain open until 18th March.
This year the positions on offer are:
- Three members of the ICANN Board of Directors.
- One member of the PTI Board of Directors.
- Three regional representatives to the At-Large Advisory Committee (ALAC) – one from the Asia, Australia, and Pacific Islands region, one from the Latin America and Caribbean Islands region, one from the Africa region.
- Two members of the Generic Names Supporting Organization (GNSO) Council.
- One member of the Country Code Names Supporting Organization (ccNSO) Council.
This year ICANN has rolled out an application portal to streamline the process a little. Full details in their recent post here.
Most of the positions that are open are purely voluntary, though the ICANN Board of Directors positions do come with a salary as well as expenses. Pretty much all of the positions would get some level of support for travel costs.
More details here.