Nominet has had a variety of different bodies that were designed to let members provide input into the organisation’s running. The most recent is the “UK Registry Advisory Council” or UKRAC.
The idea is that its members are elected by members on the basis of one member, one vote and the members of the RAC need to slot into one of three tranches, with two representatives in each:
- Secondary Market
This year’s elections are for four out of the six positions:
- Two from the “Large” registrar segment
- One from the “Mid-small” segment
- One from the “Secondary Market” segment
The last time there was an election for the UKRAC there were no candidates from the “Large” segment. In the end a couple of people were co-opted to the UKRAC to fill the seats.
Will things be different this time round? Will the two incumbents seek formal election?
The timetable for the election is:
- Nominations open 3rd April 2023
- Nominations close 21st April 2023
- ‘Meet the candidates’ webinar 11th May 2023
- Voting opens 22nd May 2023
- Voting closes noon (BST) 9th June 2023
Unlike with the Nominet Board elections, you do need to be a Nominet member to qualify for the UKRAC.