Jean-Francois Baril was interviewed by Brad White earlier this week about the Expert Working Group on gTLD Directory Services’s final report.
The EWG, which was formed in early 2013 was tasked with reviewing the current whois system and to come up with an alternative. Jean-Francois explains what the report does, why it was done and also touches on some of the issues the group faced:
You can read the full report here (PDF) – bear in mind it’s over 160 pages long.
Disclosure: I am a member of the EWG
- Update on the Work of the Expert Working Group (icann.org)
- Expert Working Group on gTLD Directory Services Members Selected (icann.org)
- Leader Named for Expert Working Group on gTLD Directory Services (icann.org)
- Chehade kicks off massive Whois review (domainincite.com)
- Expert Working Group on gTLD Directory Services Launched (icann.org)