Some pretty big companies are beginning to show an active interest in ICANN’s new TLD project. The most recent of them is bookseller Barnes & Noble. The letter, which is available both on the ICANN website and below, is quite narrow and pointed in its scope and focusses on the perceived competition issues with Amazon’s [...]
Tag Archives | United States
ICANN currently has a number of job vacancies open, which isn’t that surprising for an organisation of its size. One of them, however, caught my eye: Director, gTLD Registry Services, Los Angeles, United States Reading the job description this sounds very like the role formerly held by Kurt Pritz (well – one of his roles [...]
.Kids.us is one of those domain extensions that sounds like a good idea, but when you look at it a bit more closely you end up having more questions than answers. Essentially the domain extension was designed to be a safe internet space for “kid friendly” content, but the restrictions on registration were incredibly tight. [...]
The proposed legislation coming from the US to combat online piracy known as SOPA has not been popular among internet industry professionals or internet users. The debate surrounding the legislation heated up considerably in the runup to Christmas and there is now a planned “blackout” being organised by several high profile content providers. In a [...]
ARIN is running a trial service that gives users access to historical IP whois data ie. it will tell you who was responsible for an IP address or block of IPs. The service is not automated and if you want to access it you will need to submit a request via email with information about [...]
- Big Brands Trying To Corner Generic Namespaces? June 14, 2012
- Registrar Negotiating Team Issues Statement On RAA March 8, 2013
- Registrar Stakeholder Group Issues Statement on RAA Negotiations June 21, 2012
- IEDR Data Dump October 4, 2012
- Centralnic’s Gb.com In Dispute – gb.com now wildcarded July 30, 2011
- Belgian Country Code Now Supports IDN June 14, 2013
- Nominet Offering Apprenticeships May 24, 2013
- Making Sense of GAC Advice? May 11, 2013
- More Premium Domains Released by ME Registry May 2, 2013
- XXX Registry Launches Promotion May 1, 2013
- blacknight: Belgian Country Code Now Supports IDN - Domain Ind...
- LogicBoxes: .BE, the ccTLD for Belgium, now supports IDN. http...
- httpnet: Belgian Country Code Now Supports IDN http://t.co/...
- domainhunter: I Squatted Your EU: Belgian Country Code Now Suppo...
- mneylon: .be lauched IDNs earlier this week so of course I ...