News of Rod Beckstrom’s departure spread across the ICANN and wider internet community last night and has been getting quite a bit of mileage on various industry and personal blogs and sites.
Here are a few that I came across:
Kieren McCarthy suggests (strongly) that ICANN fired Beckstrom
Nigel Roberts has a few choice words on the subject. As Nigel is from the ccTLD space his views are interesting – especially when you consider the kind of people who are posting comments.
CircledID syndicated one of my articles (with my permission)
Kevin, DomainIncite, Murphy’s article for The Register follows the usual style you’d expect
If anyone comes across any other articles with some actual meat in them please let me know via the comments.
- Rod Beckstrom To Leave ICANN After End of Term (domainnamewire.com)
- ICANN Chief Announces Departure Via Twitter (circleid.com)
- ICANN Official Release On Beckstrom Departure (internetnews.me)
- ICANN Chief Announces Departure Via Twitter (internetnews.me)
- ICANN President, CEO to Step Down from ICANN July 2012 (circleid.com)
- ICANN Chief Beckstrom to Step Down (pcworld.com)