As part of its ongoing review of domain transfers ICANN has opened a public comment period.
You can read the full announcement here.
This time round the focus is on:
- “change of control” ie. when a domain changes registrant / holder with OR without a change of registrar
- Timing out / expiring transfer authorisations. At the moment it’s a bit “up in the air”, so it could be gamed
- Streamlining registrar IDs within registries (probably not something that registrants will really care about)
As usual, the comment period is 100% public and open – and anyone who has an opinion is welcome to share it.
Disclosure – I’m a member of the Working Group in question.
- ICANN Seeks Input On Issues Surrounding Domain Transfers (internetnews.me)
- Why the Lawsuit Against .XXX Maybe the Best Sales Tool Ever For New gTLD Applicants (circleid.com)
- ICANN Hits New Low In Staff Retention (internetnews.me)