2018 was a good year for .ie domain registrations. According to the latest report from the IEDR IE domain volumes were up nearly 30% during 2018.
Here are a few key takeaways from the latest report:
- 51,040 new .ie domains registered in 2018, up +29% on 2017
- total .ie database increased to 262,140, up +10%
- 28% of all new .ie registrations in 2018 were by individuals
- ‘Ireland’, ‘design’ and ‘care’ are some of the most frequently used words in .ie domain names in the database
- New .ie registrations from Great Britain increased by +28% in 2018
- 81% of all .ie domains in the total database are owned by businesses or the self-employed
- Dublin registered the lion’s share of new .ie domains in 2018 (20,353, or 43%), followed by Cork and Galway
- Some .ie domains command a high price: music.ie, baby.ie, creation.ie, files.ie, and internet.ie are all for sale for €50,000
The full report is available on the IEDR website here.